Self-start: On your own paper complete the following proofreading on the screen as directions state.
Punctuation – Hyphens #1
Use a hyphen in compound numbers between twenty-oneand ninety-nine and when used in larger numbers like two hundred fifty-five. (Note that you do not use an and between any of the numbers as that would indicate a
decimal point.) Ordinal numbers such as thirty-first, seventy-second need hyphens also.
Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences. Just write the correct answer.
1. It used to be that one had to be twenty one to vote.
2. When adding thirty four and forty two, you get seventy six.
3. One hundred thirty seven people were killed in that crash.
4. The sixty fourth running of that race was cancelled due to weather.
5. Many more privileges come to people who are sixty five or older.
1) Punctuation Assignment Review and WORK TIME ON ASSIGNMENT.
Directions complete the following assignments as per directions in the Writer's Craft for each assignment. Remember you earn 1 point for writing the sentences then you earn points for correct answers.
pp.641, 1-4 (16)
pp.643, 1-5 (10)
pp.664, 1-4 (10)
pp.647, 1-5 (11)
pp.648, 1-3 (9)
pp.650, 1-10 (43)
pp.652, 1-3 (7)
pp.653, 1-10 (24)
pp.657, 1-4 (11)
pp.659, 1-5 (13)
pp.661, 1-8 (12)
pp.663, 1-4 (8)
pp.667, 1-4 (25)
One point for your name to earn 200 points for this assignment.